J2 Interactive is looking for qualified candidates to help us on challenging projects utilizing InterSystems Caché, Ensemble, and HealthShare technologies. The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing software using Caché Object Script. M/MUMPS experience is helpful, but for this position we need someone who understands object-oriented programming and approaches projects with a professional software developer’s mindset. A computer science background, experience with web and/or desktop application development, and fluency in other, more “mainstream” software development languages such as Java, C++, and SQL will lend significant credibility to your resume, though they are not strictly necessary.
Prior exposure to the healthcare industry, and the HL7 file format in particular, is also strongly desired.
The most important qualities we’re looking for are:
- 5+ years of experience developing applications in Caché and Caché Objects
- High comfort level with database design and architecture
- High comfort level with object-oriented programming
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work directly with clients
- Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.) helpful but not necessary
- Healthcare experience strongly desired
- HL7 expertise (ADT and clinical messages) a big plus but not strictly necessary
- Experience building and consuming web services a plus
- Some web development experience (PHP, ASP, JSP, CSP, Zen, etc.) a plus
As we say on all our job listings, we want people who are smart, creative, and fearless. Frankly we’d rather hire a brilliant, highly motivated software developer who’s new to healthcare and/or InterSystems technology than someone with loads of relevant experience who lacks the personal qualities we’re looking for. But of course, the perfect candidates will have both.
Generally speaking, we are looking to hire full-time, salaried employees. But if you’re a freelancer and want to stay that way, we’re open to discussing a contract position as long as we can get a stable, predictable time commitment from you (20-40 hours per week) that works for everyone.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Aggressive employee profit-sharing program
- Voluntary 401(k) plan with company matching up to 4% of salary
- Medical and dental insurance, with 50% of costs paid by J2
- Flex Spending Account to pay for medical expenses on a pre-tax basis
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid for by J2
- Laptop and required software
- Annual ski trip that will make you wonder how you found this awesome company
In short, we think J2 is a great place to work because we’re a small firm, all of us are software developers, and all of us want exciting work while still enjoying the benefits of a telecommuting lifestyle (within the constraints placed upon us by our clients). If this is what you’re looking for, please send your resume to email@example.com. Thanks!