J2 Interactive is looking for qualified candidates to help us with challenging analytics projects for health information exchanges (HIEs), accountable care organizations (ACOs), and other clients in the healthcare industry. Most of our projects utilize the InterSystems technology platform, in particular HealthShare Active Analytics.
Though an ideal candidate would have prior experience with HealthShare, or the InterSystems technologies that underpin HealthShare such as Cache Object Script, DeepSee, and Ensemble, we will be happy to consider candidates whose analytics experience was gained on another BI platform. However, two requirements of the position are absolutely essential:
- Significant experience in the healthcare industry, and a firm grasp of healthcare analytics use cases. We are looking for someone who understands the challenges of population health and accountable care, as well as the kinds of questions analysts need to answer around syndromic surveillance, risk management, and other critical topics in healthcare.
- Deep technical expertise in business intelligence. The right candidate will have a very strong background in databases and data warehousing, data modeling, graphical BI tools, statistical analysis, data visualization, and forecasting.
In short, we expect that the vast majority of candidates will be new to DeepSee and HealthShare Active Analytics. But if you’ve got the right technical, statistical, and industry background, you’ll know exactly what our clients are trying to accomplish. Then we just need to make sure you’re ready to learn — or, in some cases, figure out and show others — how it’s done on the InterSystems technology.
As we say on all our job listings, we want people who are smart, creative, and fearless … and this is especially true for the HIE space which is growing and evolving very rapidly. We’d always rather hire a brilliant, highly motivated person who’ll have to climb more of a learning curve than someone with loads of relevant experience who lacks the personal qualities we’re looking for. But of course, the perfect candidates will have both.
For this position, we’re strongly biased toward someone who wants to join us as a full-time, salaried employee. The training investment we’ll be making in this position makes it a poor fit for an independent contractor. That said, we always try to stay open-minded.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Aggressive employee profit-sharing program
- Voluntary 401(k) plan with company matching up to 4% of salary
- Medical and dental insurance, with 50% of costs paid by J2
- Flex Spending Account to pay for medical expenses on a pre-tax basis
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid for by J2
- Laptop and required software
- Annual ski trip that will make you wonder how you found this awesome company
In short, we think J2 is a great place to work because we’re a small firm, all of us are software developers, and all of us want exciting work while still enjoying the benefits of a telecommuting lifestyle (within the constraints placed upon us by our clients). If this is what you’re looking for, please send your resume to email@example.com. Thanks!