J2 Interactive is looking for qualified candidates to contribute to challenging integration projects for our healthcare customers. Most projects make use of InterSystems Corporation’s Ensemble / HealthShare interoperability platform, but prior experience with Ensemble / HealthShare is not necessary. If you understand healthcare integration, and you’re well versed in at least one competing interface engine such as Cloverleaf, DataGate / eGate / SeeBeyond, Epic Bridges, Mirth, or Rhapsody, we can make this work.
The most important qualities we’re looking for are:
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare IT, preferably in a hospital, laboratory, or health information exchange setting
- Complete fluency with the HL7 2.x file format (ADT and clinical messages) and a thorough understanding of how interface development projects work
- Experience with CCD and C-CDA documents strongly desired
- Experience with X12 file formats also desirable
- Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.)
- Comfort level with object-oriented programming concepts a plus
- Caché / Ensemble / HealthShare experience a huge plus, but not strictly necessary
- Extremely strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write detailed, accurate interface specifications and other documents for both a technical and management audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work confidently and effectively with data providers, systems administrators, and software developers both inside a hospital or lab and at third-party organizations
- Genuine dedication to making your clients and teammates successful
Most of all we want people who are smart, creative, and fearless. Frankly we’d rather hire a brilliant, highly motivated healthcare interface developer who’s new to InterSystems technology than someone with loads of relevant experience who lacks the personal qualities we’re looking for. But of course, the perfect candidates will have both.
Generally speaking, we are looking to hire full-time, salaried employees. But if you’re a freelancer and want to stay that way, we’re open to discussing a contract position as long as we can get a stable, predictable time commitment from you (20-40 hours per week) that works for everyone.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Aggressive employee profit-sharing program
- Voluntary 401(k) plan with company matching up to 4% of salary
- Medical and dental insurance, with 50% of costs paid by J2
- Flex Spending Account to pay for medical expenses on a pre-tax basis
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid for by J2
- Laptop and required software
- Annual ski trip that will make you wonder how you found this awesome company
In short, we think J2 is a great place to work because we’re a small firm, all of us are software developers, and all of us want exciting work while still enjoying the benefits of a telecommuting lifestyle (within the constraints placed upon us by our clients). If this is what you’re looking for, please send your resume to email@example.com. Thanks!