The Rhode Island Quality Institute (RIQI) is a non-profit organization committed to improving healthcare in the State of Rhode Island through care coordination, reduction in errors and waste, quality measurement, and improved consumer engagement. Since 2002, RIQI has collaborated with community leaders to apply for funding and invest in healthcare technology and services. In 2009 RIQI became the Regional Extension Center for the State of Rhode Island. RIQI operates CurrentCare, the State of Rhode Island’s health information exchange, providing secure, electronic access to clinical data for the healthcare providers who need it.
During the period when InterSystems held primary responsibility for supporting and enhancing the HealthShare instance at the heart of CurrentCare, J2 provided resources to assist InterSystems with ongoing systems management and support, implementation of custom application functionality, and system upgrades. Beginning in 2013, RIQI began to engage J2 directly to implement critical stakeholder integrations, build desired system enhancements, and extend CurrentCare’s auditing and reporting capabilities. The transition from InterSystems was completed when J2 assumed full responsibility for CurrentCare operational support under a new managed services agreement with RIQI in January 2014.
Since that time, RIQI has relied on J2 to complete a broad range of successful projects, including:
- Integration of new stakeholders and expansion of existing stakeholder integrations to support new data types and application workflows
- Enhancement of CurrentCare to support IHE query and retrieval of on-demand CCD documents via multiple EHRs including athenahealth, eClinicalWorks, Epic, and NextGen
- Implementation of the HealthShare Community Portal
- Support for upload, storage, and retrieval of MOLST documents by physician users
- Streamlining of patient enrollment processes
- Operational reports for tracking new patient enrollments, enforcing consent policies, and monitoring CurrentCare usage by providers and patients
- Best-practice consulting on the use of HealthShare Active Analytics to support operational and clinical reporting and improve overall data quality
- Multiple HealthShare system upgrades