This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) governs the use of the J2 Managed Terminology service (the “Service”). This Policy is in addition to the Terms of Service under which J2 provides the Service to you. Capitalized terms used below are defined within the Terms of Service. In the event of a violation of this Policy, the parties’ respective rights and remedies are as provided within the Terms of Service.
J2 may make reasonable modifications to this Policy from time to time by posting a new version of this document on the J2 website at the current URL. Revisions are effective immediately upon posting.
Questions about this Policy (e.g., whether any contemplated use is permitted) and reports of violations of this Policy should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to the Service is controlled by the use of user IDs, passwords and/or tokens. Each user ID must be uniquely assigned to a named individual User. You are accountable for all actions by Users on the Service.
Users must not:
- Allow anyone else to use their user ID to access the Service
- Use someone else’s user ID to access the Service
- Leave their password unprotected (for example writing it down)
This Policy expressly prohibits Users from using the Service in a manner that, in J2’s reasonable judgment, involves, facilitates, or attempts any of the following:
- Violating any law of, or committing conduct that is tortuous or unlawful in, any applicable jurisdiction
- Storing or transmitting any content that is obscene, sexually explicit, violent, discriminatory, defamatory, or libelous, regardless of whether the material or its dissemination is unlawful
- Storing or transmitting any PHI or PII
- Advocating or encouraging violence against any government, organization, group, individual or property, or providing instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence, regardless of whether such activity is unlawful
- Accessing, storing, or transmitting any content (a) in violation of any copyright, right of publicity, patent, trademark, service mark, trade name, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, (b) in violation of any applicable agreement or license, or (c) without authorization
- Deleting or altering author attributions, copyright notices, or trademark notices, unless expressly permitted in writing by the owner
- Interfering with service to any user, site, account, system, or network by use of any program, script, command, or otherwise
- Introducing or activating any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code or data
- Reselling the Service, in whole or in part, to any entity or individual
- Storing or accessing data on behalf of any third party or for any purpose other than in support of your internal business
The examples listed in this Policy are not exhaustive. J2 reserves the right to audit use of the Service and exercise reasonable discretion to determine whether there has been a violation of this Policy.