MemorialCare Health System is a not-for-profit integrated delivery system that includes six hospitals, two medical groups, several outpatient health centers, and an Independent Practice Association (IPA) in Southern California. MemorialCare’s focus on evidence-based best practice medicine has resulted in outcomes that frequently exceed state and national averages. MemorialCare has been recognized as one of the top 100 integrated healthcare networks nationwide, and top 10 in the West region, by IMS.
MemorialCare turned to J2 to spearhead two parallel strategic initiatives with InterSystems technology: a large-scale interface migration from Eclipsys eLink to Ensemble (now Health Connect) and an EMR interoperability solution in HealthShare. Together these projects have supported MemorialCare’s growth strategy, enabled MemorialCare to achieve Stage 2 Meaningful Use, and helped to advance the organization’s ongoing ACO strategy.
Using HealthShare, J2 created a solution that allows MemorialCare’s Epic user community, which includes six hospitals and over 2,500 physicians, to exchange clinical data with the almost 200 physicians using NextGen Ambulatory EHR at MemorialCare Medical Group and Nautilus Healthcare Management Group. Use cases supported by the system include:
- Bi-directional exchange of CCD patient summaries between EpicCare and community providers running NextGen
- Delivery of inpatient event notifications and discharge summary reports to primary care physicians at community practices
- Automated integration of Epic Tapestry referrals and eligibility updates into NextGen patient charts
- Delivery of lab and imaging results to community providers
When MemorialCare made the transition to HealthShare Patient Index, J2 helped to plan the implementation, upgrade and configure HealthShare, extract and load patient data for tuning purposes, and integrate HSPI into various data flows.
MemorialCare’s legacy interface engine replacement encompassed over 150 interfaces, including ADT, orders, results, charges, bedside monitor metrics, physician master files, and patient census updates. In addition to leading that effort, J2 has planned, executed, and supported dozens of other Ensemble projects at MemorialCare, including:
- Eligibility feeds from 10 distinct payers into Epic
- X12 5010 conversion
- Radiology Orders / Results integration with SimonMed Imaging
- Integration with third-party payment management and risk management applications
- Coordination of patient immunizations with statewide registry
Please download MemorialCare’s customer profile to find out more.